How are you all getting on during these troubling times? We’re still working from home and strangely missing the office banter. I have a full house with my wife, two teenagers and a dog – my wife is a Deputy Headteacher and I’ve had an insight into how she updates the school website and prepares home learning materials as well as going in to look after key worker’s children at school.
I thought that it would be a good time to showcase our school website content management system. We’ve been building school websites for over a decade and have had first hand benefit of being able to understand the needs of teachers in a school.
One of our recent website upgrades was to Silverhill Primary School, with each teacher having full control of class information and document management which has allowed them to set each class home learning and provide links to resources. The Head Teacher regularly uses the website to add news articles and keep everyone up to date with the current issues.
We re-designed the Silverhill School logo and designed a mobile responsive website based on the Head Teacher’s bold and colourful brief and commissioned both Leigh, our associate School Photographer and Geoff, our associate Cartoon Illustrator and Designer.
Geoff created a set of 12 cartoon characters that the school uses to depict their school houses: Entertainers, Explorers, Pioneers and Inventors – can you guess the famous characters?
We’ve had some great feedback and are really pleased with how the site has been received by the client.
School Website Content Management System
Our online system can be customised to include many areas easily manageable online with just an internet browser, often our school websites include:
- Admin Dashboard – a snapshot of key performance data
- Users – manage admin users and their access privileges
- Page Content – manage static page text and images
- Media Management – upload and manage media displayed on static content areas
- Document Management – upload and manage documents to be used throughout the website
- Clubs Management – manage the listing and information about out of School clubs
- Class work examples – manage and display recent class work
- Latest News and Newsletters – add, edit and manage the latest School news and provide newsletter downloads
- School Calendar System – add diary items with information about upcoming events
We design a school website based on your brief, it’s very much led by the category of school and your needs – Nursery, Infant, Junior or Primary.
We love browsing the school websites we’ve built and especially at this time, have been impressed by the way the Teachers are using our online tools to provide the much needed information and homeschooling resources for parents. Each school approaches this in their own way and some have slightly different requirements. As a bespoke programming company we can adapt our custom content management system to suit each school’s needs.
We’re still at the end of the phone or email if you’d like to have a chat about upgrading your current school website, hopefully the above gives you a flavour of what we can do and we’d love to hear from you.